These Terms and Conditions apply to all orders placed by you with Carte Blanche Greetings Limited, registered number 02265225, on our website metoyou.com. These Terms and Conditions only apply to consumers and do not apply to any retailers or business owners / companies.
Registered office: Unit 3, Chichester Business Park, City Fields Way, Tangmere, PO20 2FT.
Access to and use of metoyou.com and our products/service are subject to the following terms, conditions, and notices (the "Terms of Service"). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. We advise that you regularly check the terms for any changes that might be made.
Ordering with us
Placing Your Order
By placing an order, you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions.
In order to contract with metoyou.com you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. metoyou.com retains the right to refuse any request made by you.
If your order is accepted, we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party which you have contracted with. This will usually be metoyou.com or may in some cases be a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party, metoyou.com is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale which they supply you.
When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
You can pay for products using credit card, debit card or any other payment method that we make available to you at the time of placing your order.
All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
When you place an order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods which you ordered have been dispatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch will be included in the contract formed.
Pricing & Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
From time to time, we may need to reject an order for one of the following reasons:
- Unfortunately, we do not have the chosen product in stock and the Website was showing a stock error
- We cannot authorise your chosen payment method
- There has been a relevant pricing or description error
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently
- It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another previous order
All prices are inclusive of Value-Added Tax (VAT). Should you require a full VAT invoice this can requested through our contact form here. Please allow up to 10 working days for a VAT invoice to be sent.
Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly shown at the checkout before you place your order.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please check our delivery page for details on shipping options and dispatch times.
The dispatch day is the day we send your item from our fulfilment centre, not the day it is due to be delivered.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all information for delivery provided is correct and that sufficient instructions are given for delivery.
Promotions & Discounts
At our discretion, from time to time we may offer products at discounted prices. These offers are only valid from the time that we introduce them to the end date state on the offer. They cannot be used for orders placed before the promotion starts or after the promotion end date.
In the event that you place an order and the price of the purchased product subsequently falls or is discounted due to a special offer, the price of the product at the time of purchase shall prevail. We are unable to offer partial refunds for products where an offer was not applied.
Discounts should not be used in conjunction with any other offer and we only allow one promotion to be applied per order. Discounts can not be redeemed against the cost of delivery unless the promotion terms are specific to a discount on the cost of delivery.
Use of Website
You must not misuse this website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Me to You will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Occasionally, we may provide links to other websites or resources for your convenience. We do not endorse the contents of those websites and are not responsible for their availability or service. We will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites you do so at your own risk.
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. This Website must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Copyright & Intellectual Property
The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through this website remains the property of Carte Blanche Greetings Limited t/a metoyou.com or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by metoyou.com and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use.
You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. Contents or documents attached to emails or via data transfer will remain property of Carte Blanche Greetings Limited t/a metoyou.com and any copying, printing, or modification without prior notification may result in breach of our terms and/or copyright.
Disclaimer as to ownership of trade marks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and images of third party products, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with metoyou.com and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks / names featured on this website are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to metoyou.com
metoyou.com shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this website. Any descriptions of materials, colour, images of products and product dimension are to be used as a guide only. metoyou.com will make every effort to ensure these descriptions are as accurate as possible but cannot be held accountable for minor variations due to the manufacturing process.
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Disclaimer of Liability
The material displayed on this website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law metoyou.com and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise.
This does not affect Me to You's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE 2022 ‘ME TO YOU VALENTINE’S DAY COMPETITION CARTE BLANCHE GREETINGS LTD (25TH January 2022 – 28th February 2022)
- The following rules apply to your participation in our 2022 ‘Me to You Valentines’ competition (“Competition”).
- Entry restrictions: The Competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Employees of the Promoter, or their agents, families and suppliers, or anyone connected with the Promoter are not eligible to participate, including staff in store.
- The Promoter responsible for the publication and adjudication of this Competition and the provision of the prizes is Carte Blanche Greetings Limited, Unit 3 Chichester Business Park, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 2FT (the “Promoter”).
- By submitting your entry and by entering the Competition you agree to accept and be bound by these rules.
- To enter, submit your name and email address through www.metoyou.com/love. 5.1 Access to the internet is required: Visit the Competition page on the Me to You website – www.metoyou.com/love, then complete entry details to submit your entry. 5.2 Entry is limited to one single entry per person. Entry made via a third party (including by use of an automated service) is not permitted. An entry sent in this way will not be valid. 5.3 No purchase is necessary to enter this Competition.
- Promotion period runs from 00:01 25th January 2022 until 23:59 28th February 2022. All entries must be received within this time.
- Prize: There will be 1 winner who will receive a £1000 Exclusive Hotels voucher to use towards a UK hotel stay of their choice. Please note the Promoter is not responsible for making any travel arrangements for the winner.
The prize will be delivered by Royal Mail recorded delivery or via email to the address supplied by the winner.
- Prize Draw and notification of winners: All valid entries will be placed into a fair draw and 1 entry will be chosen at random by an independently verified computer system. If there are no eligible entries, no prize will be awarded. The winner will be notified via the email supplied at the point of entry within 14 days of the Competition end date and must respond to the notification within 4 days. If a winner fails to respond within 4 days, the winner forfeits their right to any prize and the Promoter will select an alternative winner. Any further selection of winners will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The prize is as described in clause 7 of these rules. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No alternative to the prize will be offered unless the prize is unavailable and a cash alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for the non-receipt of any entry and cannot be held liable for system failures on the website or for any failure by third parties to fulfil their obligations or for any acts or omissions outside the control of the Promoter although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect of any such failure. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion. The Promoter reserves the right not to award the prize if the Promoter is aware of or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary these rules at any time, or to withdraw the Competition altogether for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in connection with all matters arising from this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility, liability or any consequences whatsoever for participating in this Competition or the prize offered in relation to the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to seek and issue publicity on behalf of the winner in the form of photographs and first name. By entering the Competition, the winner agrees to participate in publicity as reasonably requested surrounding the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to re-use quotes submitted as part of the Competition within marketing materials across the brand’s digital and social media channels for up to two years.
- Under no circumstances shall the Promoter be liable for direct, indirect or incidental damages resulting from the prize draw.
- The surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 month of the closing date. Participants may request their surname and county is not published in the event they win by emailing email@example.com within a week of being notified of their win. However, the Promoter shall provide the surname and county of the winners to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
- The Competition and terms will be exclusively governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.