What to Write in an Anniversary Card
Whether you're celebrating your first year together or your fiftieth year together, anniversaries give us the opportunity to reflect and let the person we're committed to know how much they're loved.
This special occasion can change over the years... from the excitable first year, raising a toast and looking forward to the years to come, to the times when life gets busy and anniversaries might pass by with a kiss and card, to those golden years when you start to reflect on the amazing life you've had together and treasure the times to come.
An anniversary card captures that moment in time, how you felt that year and reminds the person you're with that, no matter what, you love each other as much as when you first said those three little words.
Simple but Effective
- Happy Anniversary! I love you more & more every year
- I feel so lucky to have you! I love you forever & always
- When we were married you made me the happiest (man/woman) alive... and I still feel happy every day!
- Thank you for always being there for me, on our anniversary and every day in between.
- There's nowhere in the world I’d rather be than with you by my side.
- I don't know where I’d be without you... and I never want to find out.
- "If I lived a million lives, I would’ve felt a million feelings, and I still would’ve fallen a million times for you.” – R.M. Drake
- “Real love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- "You know you are in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." Dr. Seuss
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." Audrey Hepburn
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." Emily Brontë
- "You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement." F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Your face is my favourite
- Let's celebrate the day you finally gave up on finding anyone better!
- I'll love you even when we're both old & wrinkly
- I often wonder how I put up with you... but you put up with too. Call it even?
- No refunds! Here's to another year together
- I love you more every day (except last Tuesday... you were pretty annoying!)
Anniversary Wishes for Friends & Family
- You have loved each other all these years, may your love continue to flourish
- Nothing in this world is ever perfect... but you two come pretty close
- Sending you love and wishes for many more happy years together
- Wishing you both even more joy, laughter, and happiness in the years to come
- I'm so happy to see the love you both share, have a wonderful anniversary!
- You make marriage look easy! Here's to the years to come