What to Write in a Birthday Card
Hooray for birthdays! There's not much that's more special than receiving a special birthday card, that's been hand-picked just for you, with a handwritten message from a close friend, member of the family or loved one. If you're going blank when it comes to birthdays, we've create a list of our favourite birthday card greetings, from simple messages, funny messages and messages for those important milestones.
Simple Birthday Messages
- A very Happy Birthday to my favourite person
- Let's have lots of cake, fun, happiness and laughter as we celebrate you!
- I hope your birthday is every bit as lovely, sweet, and wonderful as you are!
- When life gives you birthdays, eat cake!
- There's no one who deserves to be celebrated more than you
- Cheers to you! Have the most wonderful birthday possible!
Sentimental Birthday Messages
- A very special person deserves an equally special day. Have the most wonderful birthday
- May each day of the year ahead be as wonderful as you are
- Lots of people will be thinking of you on your special day, and I want you to know I am one of them
- You deserve the very best birthday because to me, you are the very best
- You brought love, joy and happiness into my world and this birthday I will bring all that and more to yours!
- I hope you get all the best presents today, because I get the gift of you every day of my life!
Funny Birthday Messages
- I wanted to get you a special birthday gift, but all I could afford was this card... Enjoy!
- You're such a hard person to buy a gift for... so I got you nothing! Happy Birthday
- Did you know people who celebrate more birthdays live longer!
- Another year older... and yes you look it! Happy Birthday
- Smart, good looking & funny... but enough about me!
- Just remember, the more candles on the cake... the bigger the cake!
- "Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears." - John Lennon
- "With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come." - William Shakespeare
- "Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift." - Aretha Franklin
- "You don’t get older, you get better." - Shirley Bassey
- "Youth has no age" - Pablo Picasso
- God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." - Voltaire
Milestone Birthday Messages
- 13th - You're a teenager at last! Enjoy this special birthday and every moment of your teens!
- 16th - Happy Sweet 16! Celebrate, have fun and enjoy this wonderful time in your teens
- 18th - This is adulthood, Happy 18th Birthday! If you don't have fun when you're young, you'll have nothing to smile about when you're old!
- 21st - Live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment! Have an amazing 21st birthday!
- 30th - Here's to the next decade, of fun, laughter & making more memories! Happy 30th birthday
- 40th - Welcome to your thriving 40's, the best is yet to come! Have an amazing day!
- 50th - You're so fabulous at 50! Here's to the next 50 years, Happy Birthday!
- 60th - To someone who will be forever young, have an amazing day celebrating the wonder that is you! Happy 60th!
- 70th - Continue to be the amazing, funny, inspiring person you've been for the last 70 years. Happy Birthday
- 80th - Wishing you a wonderful 80th birthday. May it be as memorable as you are!
- 90th - If things get better with age, you're nearing perfection. Have the most wonderful 90th birthday!
- 100th - How lucky we are to be celebrating 10 decades of you! You deserve to have the most fantastic day today, Happy Birthday!
Romantic Birthday Messages
- Happy birthday to the person who makes me feel like the luckiest person alive every day
- Every day, but especially today, I am thankful to know & love you. Excited to spend another year with you.
- Happy birthday to the love of my life! You deserve everything you receive today & so much more!
- How lucky am I to know you, celebrate you & love you! Happy Birthday
- It’s always a treat to wish a happy birthday to someone I love so so much
- One day a year isn’t enough to celebrate someone as special as you.
Belated Birthday Messages
- Know that I was thinking of you on your special day. Wishing you the best year ahead
- Even though this is late, it’s never too late to wish you the best of everything always
- There’s a very good reason why this birthday wish is late. I forgot. I’m sorry! Hope your day was terrific.
- I didn’t really forget your special day…I just wanted the happiness to last a little longer.
- I can’t believe I missed your birthday... because you’re too special to ever forget
- Happy belated birthday. Consider this a rain-check for celebrating together in person soon!